Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Communication Restoration. Show Respect

Communicating as I have addressed before is now more focused on efficiency rather than frequency----IT SHOULD BE.
There are so many more conveniences to share or waste expression. Recently I have seen a trend that I hope will redirect itself. That is people who leave more content of substance on social networks than professional ones.

My particular pet peeve is the voice mail or e-mail that says "call-me". About what? What is the about? Tell me something. Share information. It is really "gamey" and egotisical to not communicate some sort of value. I am personally motivated to act the oposite---if you do not have anything important to share then I will call back or reach out when every other priority has been reached and I am scouting for more things to do.

Okay, tip time:

1. Tell'em who you are
2. Tell'em why you are calling
Insert you number or e-mail at this point
3. Convey or share relevant information or a reason why they should connect with you
4. Tell'em what you think they will gain from re-connecting with you and
5. Repeat your contact information .....twice


People will appreciate this and you will get far more people returning your messages+Faster.

Now get out there and get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment